When it comes to entertaining I have two things that I always stick to: 1. plan/prep ahead and 2. keep it simple. These Ricotta, Prosciutto & Arugula Crostini are proof that even the most simple of dishes can be elegant and delicious!
Just a handful of ingredients in these mouth watering delicious Ricotta, Prosciutto & Arugula Crostini and they look incredible don’t they? The ricotta is lightly seasoned with salt and pepper, the prosciutto is a bite of salty melt in your mouth goodness, bright and peppery arugula on a toasted slice of baguette. Whether throwing an elegant Champagne and hors d’oeuvres party or a quick after work snack- these will disappear in no time!
I love these crostini! I bought a small baguette and thinly sliced it. Tossed lightly with olive oil and toasted in the oven until golden. You can do this a day or two before to save some time. If you’d like to jazz things up feel free to season the crostini with garlic powder or crushed pepper if you like a little kick. This is less about a recipe as it is just showing how easy it is to throw together a great appetizer with a few layers of flavorful ingredients.
I served my Ricotta, Prosciutto & Arugula Crostini with a small dish of olives and sliced strawberries. I must say, the strawberries placed on top of the crostini is REALLY delicious too!! Again- be creative here with what you love. You can do a side of sliced peaches, marinated artichoke hearts or some basil pesto- all FANTASTIC!!
- 1 small baguette, thinly sliced
- olive oil
- about 8-12 oz of prosciutto, torn into smaller pieces
- 1 cup ricotta
- salt & pepper
- fresh fruit
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Place the sliced bread in a bowl and lightly drizzle with olive oil. Place on a baking sheet and bake for about 6-8 minutes or until lightly golden.
- Season the ricotta with salt and pepper to taste.
- Once the crostini has cooled layer with the seasoned ricotta, some arugula and a piece of prosciutto.
- Serve with fresh strawberries and olives on the side.
Some Appetizer Recipes You May Also Like: