The chocolate goodie baking continues!! Have you checked out all the delicious recipes from this week?! Its been fantastic! Today I’m sharing an incredibly easy and tasty recipe for Dark Chocolate Orange Sugar Cookies! That are AMAZING! Thanks to one of our sponsors for #Choctoberfest 2018, Forte Chocolates, these cookies are packed with chunks of their Orange Jazz bar- dark chocolate with a hint of orange.
*Disclosure: I received one or more of the products or services mentioned for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.
I really love baking sugar cookies. I came up with a great base recipe years back and I’ve used it in so many varieties since. I used that same base recipe here but tailored it to make these absolutely delicious Dark Chocolate Orange Sugar Cookies. Just the right amount of sweetness. This cookie is packed with big pieces of the Orange Jazz Forte Chocolate bar, fresh orange zest, fresh orange juice and then finished with a simple orange glaze. Forte Chocolates motto is “Celebrate Life Through Chocolate” and come on, who could argue with that?
Oh! Don’t forget to enter the giveaway- keep scrolling down to find it! Prize package valued at over $400!!
Aztec Soul, Lemon & Pepper and Orange Jazz are just a few of their amazing bars. I really enjoy the flavor combination of dark chocolate and orange so I chose the Orange Jazz to bake with. I will say- I have saved so many savory recipes from fellow #Choctoberfest bloggers using the Aztec Soul and Lemon & Pepper bars! The line of Gusto bars was designed for this reason- creative savory cooking with chocolate. I had so many different ideas for ways to use the Orange Jazz bar like in a fritter or a scone but decided to do a cookie and the results were great!
Forte Chocolate is offering our #Choctoberfest readers a very special deal…. buy 3 get 1 free on their bars CODE: CHOCTOBERFEST2018
Sugar cookies are a favorite of mine because everything gets mixed in one bowl and I simply scoop and bake! The Orange Jazz bar from Forte Chocolates is already so good on its own but I wanted to elevate those flavors even more so. I did this simply by using fresh orange zest and orange juice. The results are a wonderfully balanced flavored cookie.
So what goes into these Dark Chocolate Orange Sugar Cookies? You start by mixing the dry ingredients in a small bowl. In a large bowl you’ll cream the butter with the sugar then add in the egg, orange zest and orange juice. Mix the dry into the wet then stir in the chopped chocolate bars. Scoop and bake!
Its that simple! To add just one more layer of flavor- a 2 ingredient glaze of powdered sugar and fresh squeezed orange juice.
- 2 Forte Chocolate Orange Jazz bars, rough chopped
- 2½ cups flour
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1½ sticks butter, room temp
- 1 egg
- ¾ cup sugar
- zest of 1 orange
- 2 Tbsp fresh squeezed orange juice
- For the glaze:
- 2 Tbsp fresh squeezed orange juice
- 6 Tbsp powdered sugar
- In a small bowl mix together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a large bowl, using an electric hand mixer, cream the butter until smooth. Add in the sugar and mix until well combined. Next add in the egg, orange zest & orange juice and mix until light and fluffy.
- Add in half the dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Repeat with the remaining dry ingredients. Be sure not to over mix. You want the dough just combined.
- Stir in the chopped chocolate bars.
- Using a cookie or ice cream scoop, place the cookie dough out onto a parchment lined cookie sheet. Bake for about 14 minutes minutes or until the very outer edge is lightly golden.
- Cool on a cooling rack. In a small bowl whisk together the orange juice and powdered sugar until smooth. Dunk the tops of the cookies into the glaze and finish cooling on the rack.
- Optional: finish with more orange zest and powdered sugar.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Follow Forte Chocolate on Social Media