*This shop has been compensated by Claytons Organic Beef. All opinions are mine alone. #claytonsorganicbeef
Its coming! Fall starts this weekend and I am ready for beautiful changing leaves, crisp nights, firepit in the backyard and warm and comforting meals like this Easy Beef & Sweet Potato Chili. I love the subtle sweetness that the sweet potato brings to chili. Its so easy to throw together too! Great weeknight meal!
I don’t know about where you all are but here in NJ we have had SO MUCH rain lately! I’m pretty sure there was a full week of not seeing the sun pop out once! Pool is getting closed this weekend as we welcome in Fall. The weather has definitely put me in the mood for some comfort meals like this Easy Beef & Sweet Potato Chili. The ingredients are simple, the flavor is amazing!
I’m excited to be sharing another fantastic recipe with you featuring Claytons Organic Beef! I’ve been using the brand for a couple years now so working with them to provide you with great recipes has been so much fun! I am so glad that Shop Rite exclusively carries the Claytons Organic brand, the brand that I go to for high quality, humanely raised, great tasting beef!
Root vegetables are a staple ing colder weather cooking so thats where the addition of sweet potato came from for this variation of chili. I really chili; its a great dish to play with and add what you love to give it a whole new twist. Beans or no beans? I typically go pretty heavy on the beans in chili just because I LOVE them but for this one I decided to go bean-less. The ingredients are simple- Claytons Organic ground beef, garlic, red onion, red bell pepper, sweet potato, canned tomatoes and spices.
It takes less then 10 minutes to get this Easy Beef & Sweet Potato Chili going then it just simmers away for a bit. I start with the beef in a little olive oil. This is a relatively leaner beef so you won’t have a lot of grease come out. A little tip for a perfect consistency for chili- start the beef over low heat and use a potato masher to break up the beef. This prevents having big hunks of meat in your chili. Once the beef is mostly cooked through a remove it from the pot and sauté the garlic, onion and bell peppers. Once softened you add in spices- cumin, chili powder, oregano and salt. Cook for just a minute then add the meat back in along with the sweet potato and a can of tomatoes. Simmer away for 1- 1 1/12 hours and dinner is done!
This chili is so good you guys!! For me its the perfect balance of spice and a hint of sweetness. I served the chili with a scoop of brown rice and a simple garnish of fresh chopped parsley. I can’t emphasize enough what a difference it makes when you start with high quality meat like Claytons Organic. At Shop Rite you can find their N.Y Strip Steaks, ground beef, tenderloin and so much more. Check out these recipes featuring Claytons Organic Beef… Easy Beef Burrito Bowl, Beef Teriyaki Kofta Kebab with Grilled Pineapple, Cheesy Beef & Bean Enchiladas and my Grilled Steak Fajitas.
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb Claytons Organic Ground Beef
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and medium dice
- 1 red bell pepper, medium dice
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- ¼ cup diced red onion
- 1- 28 oz can whole peeled tomatoes
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp oregano
- 3 Tbsp chili powder
- cooked rice to serve with
- chopped parsley for garnish
- In a large pot over medium low heat add in the olive oil and ground beef. Using a potato masher, break up the beef as it cooks preventing large clumps. Remove the beef from the pot with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- If the pot is dry add in an extra Tbsp or 2 of olive oil. Add in the pepper, onion and garlic. Cook until softened. Stir in the spices and cook for a minute.
- Add the beef back into the pot along with the sweet potato and can of tomatoes. Stir, cover most of the way with a lid and simmer anywhere from 1 hour to 1 1½ hours stirring occasionally to prevent burning.
- Serve with cooked rice and garnish with fresh chopped parsley.
I’m super thrilled to be working with Claytons Organic Beef for a multi recipe collaboration so stay tuned for a new recipe featuring Claytons Organic Beef next month! Its going to be delicious!!