*This shop has been compensated by Claytons Organic Beef. All opinions are mine alone. #claytonsorganicbeef
Kofta is traditionally a family of meatball or meatloaf dishes found in some Asian and Middle Eastern cuisines. The meat, spices and ways this dish is served differs depending on the region. Now my recipe today, Beef Teriyaki Kofta Kebab with Grilled Pineapple, is not traditional by any means but a fun twist on a classic. Full of incredible flavor, easy to make and quick!
I’ve got another EASY recipe for you today and again, you don’t even have to turn on the oven! Yay! Beef Teriyaki Kofta Kebab with Grilled Pineapple takes just a few minutes to prep and cooks up quickly too. Kofta kebabs use ground meat that is seasoned and formed around a skewer then grilled over a nice hot flame. For this recipe I used Claytons Organic Ground Beef, salt, garlic powder, ground ginger and scallions. Grilled to perfection then glazed with teriyaki sauce. I served this over rice with grilled pineapple slices and sliced avocado.
When it comes to high quality, humanely raised, great tasting beef I am so glad that Shop Rite exclusively carries the Claytons Organic brand. When cooking for my family I do my best to choose products without antibiotics and no added hormones. At Shop Rite you can find their N.Y Strip Steaks, ground beef, tenderloin and so much more. Claytons Organic is a brand I trust and one that is affordable too!
To me there really is nothing better then firing up the grill, hanging out while the kiddos splash around in the pool and dinner comes to together in no time at all. The seasoning is simple but the flavors are big and all work really nicely together. I love the combination of the Beef Teriyaki Kofta Kebab with the sweetness of the grilled pineapple. I finish the dish off with come toasted sesame seeds and more scallion.
BTW- I totally recommend setting a few slices of the grilled pineapple aside for dessert. Simply top the pineapple with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and go crazy from there- maybe some chopped peanuts, a drizzle of salted caramel or some chocolate shavings.
- 1 lb Claytons Organic Ground Beef
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp ground ginger
- 1 Tbsp sliced scallions
- 1 pineapple cored and sliced into rings
- cooked rice- about a ½ cup per person
- teriyaki sauce
- sesame seed & scallion for garnish
- Fire up the grill to get good and hot.
- Add the ground beef, salt, garlic powder, ground ginger and scallion to a bowl. Mix until evenly incorporated.
- Divide the meat into 4 portions. Form the ground beef around 4 skewers. Press firmly to keep in place. Place on the hot grill and cook for a few minutes per side to get a nice char on the outside. Near the end of the cooking time brush some teriyaki sauce on each kebab.
- Set the kebabs aside and grill the pineapple. Serve the kebabs and pineapple over the rice. Serve sliced avocados on the side.