This post is sponsored by Stella® but the content and opinions expressed here are my own.
Summer is definitely here and I am thrilled to see more and more local produce available. This is my favorite season for really fresh ingredients and fresh dishes like this Grilled Vegetable Caprese Salad! A fun twist on the classic, this layered dish of grilled red bell peppers, zucchini, fresh tomatoes and Stella® Fresh Mozzarella is what Summer cooking is all about!
This Italian girl absolutely loves fresh mozzarella! Whether on its own with a sprinkle of salt pepper and olive oil, tossed with pasta or in a salad like this Grilled Vegetable Caprese Salad- it is all about starting with fresh ingredients! With Stella® cheeses you can transform any traditional dish or cheese plate into a gourmet experience. Stella® cheeses are flavorful and combine old world craftsmanship with rich dairy heritage, dating back to 1923. I know this salad will quickly become a favorite in your home just as it has in mine!
We were invited to the families house for a BBQ and was assigned a side dish to bring. When it comes to summer get togethers I always love a grilled dish. I thought it would be really fantastic to throw some freshly grilled veggies into one of my favorites- a caprese salad. I grabbed a couple packages of Stella® Fresh Mozzarella Cheese, a couple zucchini, a couple red belle peppers and tomatoes.
Learn more about Stella® cheeses HERE.
This is such an easy dish to throw together! I sliced the zucchini and peppers, seasoned with olive oil, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Pop them on a hot grill for a few minutes per side and they are done. I allow the veggies to cool off before assembling. Its as a simple as layering pieces of the grilled veggies, the tomatoes and that perfectly creamy Stella® Fresh Mozzarella Cheese. I finished the Grilled Vegetable Caprese Salad with a drizzle of balsamic glaze and fresh basil. Isn’t it lovely?! Oh and that mozzarella- its subtle, milky flavors pairs well with crisp, acidic wines. So, cheers!
- 2 packages of Stella® Fresh Mozzarella, sliced
- 2 zucchini, sliced lengthwise
- 2 red bell pepper, sliced lenghtwise
- 3 tomatoes, sliced
- balsamic glaze
- fresh basil
- olive oil
- salt, pepper, garlic powder
- Get your grill nice and hot. Toss the zucchini & bell pepper slices with a little olive oil, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Grill for a few minutes per side. Set aside to cool.
- Once cooled I cut the zucchini and pepper slices in half for layering but they can be left as is. I also cut the tomatoes and mozzarella in half.
- Layer the grilled vegetables, tomatoes and Stella® Fresh Mozzarella. Finish the salad with a light sprinkle of salt if desired. Drizzle balsamic glaze over top and garnish with fresh basil.