*This shop has been compensated by Claytons Organic Beef. All opinions are mine alone. #claytonsorganicbeef
When it comes to cooking my first love is my families background of Italian cuisine but not far behind is easily making Mexican inspired meals at home. I can’t tell you how delicious and really easy these Cheesy Beef & Bean Enchiladas are. A great weeknight meal for the whole family!!
Homemade dinner on the table in 30 minutes? Absolutely! We are all busy people with so many responsibilities but that doesn’t mean we can’t have a delicious meal on the family any night of he week. These Cheesy Beef & Black Bean Enchiladas are going to be a hit, I just know it!! The filling of onion, Claytons Organic Ground Beef, seasonings, black beans and shredded cheese. All rolled into corn tortillas, topped with enchilada sauce and more cheese then baked.
When it comes to quality, humanely raised, great tasting beef I am so glad that Shop Rite exclusively carries the Claytons Organic Beef brand. When cooking for my family I do my best to choose meat products without any antibiotics or added hormones and this right here is my go to every single time. At Shop Rite you can find their N.Y Strip Steaks, ground beef, tenderloin and so much more. This is a brand I trust and one that is affordable too! Be sure to check out my previous recipe featuring Claytons Organic N.Y. Strip Steaks- My Grilled Steak Fajitas!
Aside from the fact that these Cheesy Beef & Black Bean Enchiladas are delicious- they are super easy to make too! The filling takes just 10 minutes to throw together and the flavors are fantastic!! With a 4 cheese Mexican blend mixed right into the filling it becomes perfectly cheesy and creamy. The seasoning I use for the meat is simply chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, oregano and salt. You can of course use a taco seasoning packet in a pinch but I definitely prefer to make my own to control quality and the amount of salt.
Once the filling is made I preheat my oven to 385 degrees and go ahead and get the enchiladas set. I use store bought enchilada sauce on the bottom of a baking dish to prevent sticking. Take a corn tortilla and fill the center with some of the filling. Roll it up and place it seam side down and continue that until all the filling is used. I got 13 enchiladas but you may get more or less depending on the amount of filling you use in each. Top with more enchilada sauce and a good sprinkle of that same Mexican cheese blend then just bake for 15 minutes. I garnish with snipped scallions and served with my fab guacamole! A perfect meal!
- 1 lb Claytons Organic Ground Beef
- ½ onion, chopped
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 - 15 oz can black beans, rinsed & drained
- approx 1- 1¼ cups enchilada sauce
- 1 cup shredded 4 cheese Mexican blend, plus extra for sprinkling on top
- Snipped scallion
- corn tortillas
- In a skillet over medium heat, add in the olive oil, onion and ground beef. Using a wooden spoon break up the meat as it cooks. Season with the salt, garlic powder, chili powder, oregano and cumin.
- Once the meat is mostly cooked through go ahead and stir in the beans and 1 cup of the shredded cheese. Finish with a palmful of snipped scallion.
- Preheat oven to 385 degrees.
- Cover the bottom of a 9x13 baking pan with enchilada sauce.
- Add some filling to each corn tortilla. Roll it up and place it seam side down in the baking dish. Once the filling is used and all the enchiladas are in the pan add a little more enchilada sauce over top and the sprinkle more cheese on there.
- Bake for about 15 minutes. Finish with more snipped scallions. Serve with sour cream and a side of guacamole.
I’m super thrilled to be working with Claytons Organic Beef for a multi recipe collaboration so stay tuned for a new recipe featuring Claytons Organic Beef. Its going to be delicious!!