Ok friends! When Game Day is just around the corner and you’ve got friends coming by what do you cook up? Today I’m sharing with you these Ultimate Pizza Stuffed Breadsticks served with RAGÚ® Pizza Quick Traditional Sauce. They are super simple to make and so delicious! Trust me, these will not last long!
Football playoff season is in high gear and we’ve got to keep you & your friends fueled to cheer on your favorite team! While I do love a great football game, I happen to love the football snacks even more! With these Ultimate Pizza Stuffed Breadsticks can you blame me? Pizza dough stuffed with mozzarella cheese, bell peppers, red onion, pepperoni and olives… what’s not to love! Of course these are pizza breadsticks so RAGÚ® Pizza Quick Traditional Sauce is a MUST!
Before the weekend I ran over to my local Walmart to grab all my supplies for this past Sunday’s get together. I seriously find everything I need there from paper dishes, to fun football inspired plastic tableclothes and cups to all my grocery needs! You can find the RAGÚ® Pizza Quick Traditional Sauce right in the pasta/sauce aisle near the remade pizza crusts. So I grabbed everything I needed to make these fantastic Ultimate Pizza Stuffed Breadsticks as well as chips, dip and salsa. I even threw together sausage and peppers in my slow cooker with RAGÚ® sauce served with small rolls- so good!
So here’s how I made these stuffed breadsticks. I used refrigerated pizza crust that I laid out and rolled out a bit. I cut the dough into 3 long thick strips and filled each with a mixture of sliced black olives, bell peppers, red onion, mini pepperoni and shredded mozzarella. From there you simply close up the ends pressing the dough together with your fingers creating 3 long pieces. Then from there you go ahead and cut them into smaller breadsticks- sizing to your liking- and again seal up the ends with your fingers.
I then brushed each fabulous stuffed breadstick with melted butter and sprinkled with a little garlic powder. Bake in a 425 degree oven for about 18 minutes. They will be golden brown, cheesy gooey inside and a little crisp on the bottom- just perfect! Served along with a warm bowl of RAGÚ® Pizza Quick Traditional Sauce.
I’ve got another delicious party appetizer that is perfect for watching football! My Meatball Parm Skewers served with RAGÚ®.
- 1 jar RAGÚ® Pizza Quick Traditional Sauce
- 3 cans refrigerated pizza crust
- 1 - 6.5 oz can sliced olives, drained
- 1 - 5 oz bag mini pepperoni slices
- 5 mini or 1 small bell pepper, fine chop
- ½ cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 bag shredded mozzarella
- butter & garlic powder
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
- In a bowl mix together the olives, peppers, onion, pepperoni and mozzarella.
- Unroll 1 pizza dough at a time. Using a rolling pin, roll the dough out just a bit to get a pretty even rectangle. Slice into 3 long pieces.
- Spread some of the filling onto each strip of pizza dough. Press all edges to seal the dough. Repeat this with all the dough.
- Slice each stuffed long piece of dough into smaller breadsticks. Press the open edges together again to seal.
- Place the breadsticks onto a lined baking sheet. Brush with melted butter and sprinkle with a little garlic powder. Bake for about 18 minutes.
- Serve with warmed RAGÚ® Pizza Quick Traditional Sauce.
Be sure to head on over HERE where they can buy, collect, and score with the Tyson Rewards Program this game day!