When it comes to holiday entertaining we are always a big group so I like to keep things really simple. This Roasted Butternut Squash with Spiced Pecans is so flavorful and easy to throw together. How gorgeous are the colors too?!
Last week I found out we are having more family over for Christmas Day then we thought so we will be 28 and I love it! The more the merrier, especially for the holidays. Well in true ME fashion, I immediately had to get to my list making. I am list lover and it really helps make my life easier. I got my Christmas menu set an this Roasted Butternut Squash with Spiced Pecans is one of the dishes I will be making.
I absolutely love butternut squash! Here are a few of my favorites I’ve made: Tortellini with Butternut Squash, Spinach & Pancetta, Roasted Butternut Squash, Kale and Burrata and Sweet Potato & Butternut Squash Soup. In this dish the squash is seasoned very simply before being roasted- olive oil, salt, pepper and fresh thyme. To add another wonderful layer of flavor I spiced some whole pecans.
I toasted the pecans in a pan dry before adding butter, brown sugar, cinnamon, salt and a little chili powder for a hint of spice. The creamy squash paired with the crunchy0salty-sweet pecans is absolutely delicious!!
- 1 large butternut squash, peeled and diced into 1inch cubes
- olive oil
- 5-6 sprigs fresh thyme
- 3 Tbsp butter
- ¾ cup whole pecans
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- ¼ tsp chili powder
- ¾ tsp cinnamon
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Toss the squash with a few Tbsp of olive oil, 3 tsp salt, fresh black pepper and the leaves off the fresh thyme sprigs. Roast for about 20 minutes or until lightly golden and tender.
- In a dry skillet over medium heat, toast the pecans for a few minutes, stirring around to prevent burning.
- Remove the pecans and add in the butter, brown sugar, chili powder, cinnamon and a couple pinches of salt. Stir until combined. Add in the pecans and cook on low for another 4-5 minutes. Remove from the pan.
- Before serving toss the squash and pecans together.
You may also like:
Graham Cracker Toffee from An Affair from the Heart
Pumpkin Bread Pudding from A Kitchen Hoors Adventures
This looks great and the perfect meal to remind you how amazingly delicious healthy homemade food tastes. it contains everything i love and is so healthy and delicious!
Thank you so much and I couldn’t agree more. This is so delicious and so darn good for ya!
Wow! Great idea! I’ve never tried it like this – thank you Angela for all the delicious and simple ideas. Great way to make a butternut dish!! Thank you!!!
My pleasure, enjoy!