In my book, December 1st means time to get ready for the holidays and get baking! One of my favorite family Christmas traditions is making cookies. Today I’m sharing a really fun one that would be a welcomed addition to any cookie tray! Chocolate Chip Cookie Dippers are easy to make, chock full of chocolate and served with a 3 ingredient Peanut Butter Dip!
Happy Friday you guys! Can you all believe its December already?!?! Seriously the months seem to fly by!! I’ve got to tell you, I am excited for todays post! Not only is this a fantastic and DELICIOUS recipe, its our latest Freaky Friday Virtual Holiday Cookie Exchange!!! For the past few years a bunch of us food bloggers have gotten together to do a really fun recipe swap and this holiday cookie exchange is definitely my favorite! We are secretly assigned another blog to choose a recipe from, bake it up then SURPRISE- we share them all today! A collection of fabulous sweet treats that will make the holidays that much more tasty and fun! I was assigned my friend Jennifer over at Take Two Tapas! She is such a talent, so be sure to check out her site. She makes fabulous smaller portioned dishes with BIG flavor. She is a momma to two boys like me too! From fabulous drinks, snacks, soups, salads and SO much more… she has you covered!
I decided to pick these Chocolate Chip Cookie Dippers because well who doesn’t love a chocolate chip cookie and I knew my boys would LOVE dipping these into a peanut butter dip! Jennifer had some really great ones though so it was hard to choose. Here are some of my favorites of hers that I can’t wait to try… Sriracha Honey Bourbon Chicken Wings, German Chocolate Wontons and Roasted Tomato Gazpacho Shooters!
So for these you are basically making a giant chocolate chip cookie… FYI- this recipe is perfection and shall forever be our chocolate chip cookie recipe! I used mini chocolate chips so there is plenty of chocolate goodness in every bite! The cookie comes together really easily, press the dough into a baking dish and bake until golden. Allow to completely cool then cut into these really fun dippers!
In Jennifers recipe she actually makes 3 amazing dips so definitely check hers out! I let the boys choose one for use to make and they went with her Peanut Butter Dipping Sauce! I think its a perfect combination of flavors because heck chocolate and peanut butter belong together. I will definitely be making these again for our family cookie party! I know everyone is going to LOVE these Chocolate Chip Cookie Dippers!
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, room temp
- 1 egg
- 2¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups mini chocolate chips
- For the Peanut Butter Dip:
- 2 Tbsp creamy peanut butter
- 4 Tbsp milk
- 4Tbsp powdered sugar
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- In a mixer or using a hand mixer, cream together the brown sugar, sugar and butter.
- Add egg, vanilla. Mix until incorporated.
- In a small bowl mix the dry ingredients. Add the dry into the mixer and mix until mostly combined.
- By hand, stir in the chocolate chips.
- Press dough into a 9x13 pan and bake 20-25 minutes.
- Remove pan and let cool for about 20 minutes. If they are too warm, they will fall apart when cutting.
- When completely cool I flipped the giant cookie onto a cutting board and cut into the dippers.
- For the dipping sauce. Warm the milk and peanut butter in the microwave just for 10 seconds to loosen it. Add in the powered sugar and mix until smooth.
- Place sticks back on cookie sheet and bake for another 10 minutes, like biscotti.
- While cookies are baking make your choice of dipping sauces.
Please be sure to stop on by all the amazing other blogs to check out the sweet treats they are sharing today!