So the other day I shared my fabulous Apple Chestnut Stuffing and today I’m sharing with you these Apple Chestnut Stuffing Stuffed Chicken Breasts! I know its a weird and long recipe title but I got stuck. I will say, this is one DELICIOUS recipe and a great way to use up some Thanksgiving leftover stuffing!
One of my husbands favorite meals growing up was stuffed chicken with boxed stuffing. I figured since I just made a big batch of stuffing that I’d use some to make this dish. I have to tell you, it turned out so perfect!! The chicken is golden, seasoned perfectly, juicy and that stuffing is just so damn good! I just may be making this for a second time this weekend!
Because you are cutting a pocket into the breasts, you definitely don’t want to grab thin cut from the store! You’ll want to to have the chicken laying flat and very carefully with one hand holding the chicken in place take a knife parallel to the board and cut a pocket. You want to be sure not to cut all the way through on the other ends. Then you get to push all that delicious stuffing into place.
Chicken breasts are so versatile and I love stuffing them with all sorts of goodness! Its so easy to make a nice big pocket for whatever is going in there. I’ve made a broccoli & cheddar stuffed chicken, wild rice stuffed and more! I simply seasoned these Apple Chestnut Stuffing Stuffed Chicken Breasts with salt, pepper and garlic powder. In a hot pan with a little olive oil I put them top side down in the pan until golden- about 5 minutes. Flipped the chicken breasts over and then into the oven for 10-12 minutes until cooked through. I served this with Garlic Chive Mashed Potatoes & Steamed Broccoli.
- 3 large chicken breasts
- about 2 cups of cooked stuffing
- olive oil
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Cut a pocket into the chicken breasts by cutting a slit into the chicken with the knife parallel to the cutting board. Be sure not to cut all the way through.
- Stuff each piece with the stuffing. Season the top side generously with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Get an oven safe skillet nice and hot with a little olive oil. Place the chicken top side down and cook for about 5 minutes- until golden.
- Flip the chicken breasts over and place into the oven. Cook for 10-12 minutes- until the chicken is cooked through.
You May Also Like: