Buffalo Chicken Meatball Subs . Football season is here and sure theres the game but for me its all about the tailgating eats! This is a perfectly spicy sandwich that you really need to make! So good!
Anyone else look forward to Sunday football snacks more then the actual games? Maybe its just me but while I love watching the games every weekend, I really love the fun food that goes along with it. These Buffalo Chicken Meatball Subs are absolutely delicious. Easy spicy chicken meatballs served in a hot dog bun along with shredded red cabbage for crunch and finished with ranch or bleu cheese dressing. These are sure to be a HUGE hit!
Heres something else I’m really excited about… I’m teaming up with some amazing bloggers to share some of our favorite Tailgating Snacks! Be sure to follow LeMoine Family Kitchen over on Facebook because i’ll be sharing everyones amazing tailgating recipes!
For me, I am all about anything drowned in buffalo sauce. One of my go to snacks is buffalo chicken meatballs. Making them in meatball form rather then a wing is really more about ease then anything. You’ve got the same great spicy kick with less work and you can do fun things like turn it into these DELICIOUS Buffalo Chicken Meatball Subs.
- For the meatballs:
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 Tbsp finely diced red onion
- ¼ cup finely diced celery
- ¼ cup finely diced carrot
- 1 lb lean ground chicken
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 egg
- ¾ cup breadcrumbs
- For the sauce:
- ½ cup red hot sauce
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- To serve:
- hot dog buns
- shredded red cabbage
- ranch or bleu cheese dressing
- In a saute pan, over medium heat, add the 3 Tbsp olive oil, red onion, carrot and celery. Cook until softened. Stir in 1 tsp garlic powder and a little salt & pepper. Allow to cool.
- In a bowl add the ground chicken, egg, breadcrumb and the veggies. Mix until evenly combined.
- Form into golf ball sized meatballs.
- In the same pan you cooked the veggies, add a little drizzle of olive oil just to coat the bottom of the pan. Cook the meatballs until lightly golden brown on each side. Add the meatballs to a baking dish.
- Bake the meatballs at 385 degrees for about 10 minutes until the meatballs are cooked through.
- In a pot add the red hot sauce, butter and 2 tsp of garlic powder to a pot. Simmer until warmed through. Coat the meatballs.
- Serve the meatballs packed into hot dog buns with the shredded red cabbage and finished with ranch or bleu cheese dressing.
Check out all the other delicious Tailgating Snacks recipes below from bloggers who took part Tailgating Snacks Month!
Skillet Pizza Bombs by Life Currents
Easy Cheesy Salsa Bean Dip by Bowl me Over
Spicy Nacho Cheese Pretzels by Hostess at Heart
Frito Pie Skillet Dip with Corn Chip Scoops from Take Two Tapas
Hot Beef & Bean Dip by An Affair from the Heart
Brown Butter Cinnamon Churro Rice Krispie Treats by Full Belly Sisters
I love meatball sandwiches! These are great game day recipes.
Thanks Leslie! It’s simple but really tasty!
These look fabulous! I love that they’re meatballs rather than wings – so creative! My husband wants me to make these tonight! I told him he has to wait for Sunday – game day! hee hee Great work on this! It’s perfect!
Thank you!!!! We LOVE these!! Meatballs & sandwiches are just perfect
Julie is Hostess At Heart
These buffalo chicken meatball subs look amazing! I’m drooling just anticipating eating one!
Thank you Julie!!! We very much enjoyed them!
Oh yum, these sandwiches are perfect for tailgating!! Love this flavor combo – be perfect for the game on Sunday, YUM!
I think so too! They are really delicious
Two of my husband’s favorite foods: meatballs and buffalo sauce! I’ll have to make these for him 🙂
Yes! It’s a great combo!
I love buffalo chicken ANYTHING!! These are PERFECT for game day!
Me too. These are a great dish!
If this meatball sub is not a triple play and home run all rolled into one, then I don’t know what would be! Love this idea, especially this time of year. Phenomenal job, as always!!!
Dan, thank you so much!!! That’s very kind! We absolutely love them
These look delicious! Great to share with a crowd, but I bet they won’t last long. We would go for seconds in our house for sure!
You’re right. They go over well every time!
Lisa@Lisa's Dinnertime Dish
These subs looks so delicious and are perfect football watching food!
Thanks! They are always a huge hit
Take Two Tapas
These sandwiches will satisfy my wing and my sandwich craving!!
Absolutely! They are super tasty!!
I’m in love with this – for real. I’ve been thinking about making them and now I know where to go to get the recipe 😉 LOVE THIS!
Thank you! Hope you love them as much as we do!
Forget game day, I could eat these for dinner! I love buffalo chicken anything!!
Im with you on that!!! These are awesome any night of the week for sure!