BLT Chopped Salad with Avocado Ranch Dressing . Everything you love about a BLT in a salad with an incredible avocado dressing. Full of great flavor and makes for a perfect weeknight meal or lunch! This is a GREAT salad!
The BLT sandwich is a classic and for good reason… its flipping delicious! Crispy bacon, juicy tomatoes, lettuce on toasted bread. Another fantastic way to enjoy all that kicked up a notch? This BLT Chopped Salad with Avocado Dressing is so so good and easy to throw together for lunch or dinner on the busiest of days.
Now of course with a fantastic salad like this one, ya need an equally tasty dressing and let me tell you this Avocado Ranch Dressing is perfect! The dressing is so creamy and adds a great brightness to the salad. Avocado, lime, greek yogurt, cilantro and ranch mix are blended until smooth with a little water to loosen it up. Throw a little salt and pepper in there and you’re set.
How do you guys cook your bacon? Im all about the oven! It comes out perfectly crisp and its a whole let less messy then frying stovetop. The bacon in this salad really adds a perfect salty crisp bite to go along with the juicy tomatoes. Now unlike a traditional BLT sandwich I did add a couple things to this salad… sliced black olives & chickpeas. Its all around adding simple layers of flavor and texture that make this such a good salad.
- 12 oz bacon
- juice of 1 lime
- 5 oz plain Greek yogurt
- 1 avocado
- 1 Tbsp dry ranch seasoning mix
- a handful of cilantro leaves
- 6 Tbsp water
- 2 hearts of romaine, chopped
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- a couple handfuls of sliced black olives
- 1 can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- salt and pepper
- lime wedges to serve on the side
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Place the bacon on a lined baking sheet and cook for about 15 minutes until crisp. Lay on a paper towel to absorb excess oil. Chop once cooled.
- Toss the romaine lettuce, bacon, tomatoes, black olives and chickpeas in a large bowl.
- For the dressing add the lime juice, plain Greek yogurt, avocado, rand mix, cilantro, water and a little salt and pepper. Blend until smooth. Taste and season with additional salt and pepper to taste.
- Toss just enough of the dressing with the salad to lightly coat.
- Serve lime wedges along side the salad.
You may also like: