Summer BBQ planning? You have got to give these a try! These Tortellini Caprese Skewers are just 3 simple ingredients and so full of flavor! You can make these ahead of time and they will surely be a hit with friends and family. When I think of Summer, caprese salad is one of my favorite dishes to make. We are so lucky to have incredible Jersey tomatoes that are just so incredibly sweet. These are perfection!
One thing I always suggest when hosting a get together is prep as much as you can ahead of time. It is no fun to work really hard to put out a great spread and not be able tot enjoy it with your company. An appetizer like this can be made the day before which makes life easier for you and also gives the pasta time to soak up all the flavors of the marinade.
Simple cheese tortellini, grape tomatoes and marinaded fresh mozzarella balls. Its the marinade from the mozzarella that I used to drizzle all over top of these skewers. Seasoned just with a little salt and pepper, fresh chopped parsley if you’d like a little extra and you are all set!
- cheese tortellini
- marinaded fresh mozzarella balls
- grape tomatoes
- salt, pepper
- fresh chopped parsley for garnish
- Cook the tortellini to al dente. Drain and rinse with cold water to stop the cooking process. You don't want to overcook the pasta because it will fall apart on the party toothpicks.
- Skewer the tortellini, grape tomatoes and mozzarella onto party toothpicks. Pour the mozzarella marinade over top and season with a little salt and pepper.
- Garnish with fresh chopped parsley for added color.
You may also like: