So earlier today I shared with you my Irish Soda Bread recipe and now heres everything you need for a St. Patricks Day Dinner! Let me tell you, if you can boil water then you can make a fabulous Corned beef, cabbage, carrots and potatoes meal. We invited the family over yesterday for St Patricks Day and everything turned out great!
Can you boil water? Then you can make this entire meal with ease! The carrots, peeled and boiled until tender. The cabbage, quartered and boiled until tender. Potatoes, boiled until tender, drained, tossed with olive oil and salt and popped in the oven at 375 to roast for about 10-15 minutes until lightly golden. The corned beef is really easy as well and its so so good!! The key to a great corned beef is to let it cook low and slow. I’m going to go ahead and tell you how I make the corned beef and it really does come out great every time!
- 2- 6 lb pieces corned beef brisket
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 Tbsp whole peppercorns
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees.
- Into a large oven proof pot (lid must be oven proof as well), place the corned beef, the bay leaves, peppercorns and enough water to cover the meat with a couple inches worth of water overtop.
- Pop the pot on the stovetop with the lid on and bring to a boil. As soon as it comes to a boil place the pot, lid still on, into the oven.
- Cook for 3- 3.5 hours, moving the meat around a few times during the cooking time.
- Just before serving, slice the meat against the grain, meaning in the opposite direction that the lines in the piece of beef. This ensures each slice is extra tender.
- Serve along with he potatoes, carrots, cabbage and plenty of spicy yellow mustard.
You make also like: