Momma Lew and her blogger buddies are having a Holiday Cookie Swap Party and you are all invited! Grab a cup of coffee and enjoy the cookies that each blogger has prepared for you! When you are finished enjoying your cookies, we have a great giveaway for you to enter! One lucky reader will win a prize of $100 PayPal Cash to help with your holiday shopping!
I love this time of year and I love baking holiday cookies!! I am so excited for this virtual cookie swap and this incredible giveaway that goes along with it!! Today I am sharing these incredible Chocolate Peppermint Cookies! Think soft Thin Mint Girl Scout Cookie! Rich chocolate cookie, bits of peppermint baking chips and white chocolate chips! Enjoy!
- 1½ sticks unsalted butter, room temp
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs, room temp
- ½ tsp peppermint extract
- 1½ cups flour
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1¼ tsp baking powder
- ⅛ tsp salt
- ½ cup white chocolate chips
- ½ cup peppermint crunch baking chips
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, using a hand mixer, cream together the butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar until smooth and creamy.
- Add in the eggs and peppermint extract, again mixing until smooth.
- In a small bowl stir together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix with the hand mixer until just combined.
- Using a spoon or rubber spatula, stir in the peppermint crunch chips and the white chocolate chips until evenly combined.
- Using a small cookie scoop, scoop the dough out onto a lined baking sheet and bake for approximately 12 minutes.
- Cool completely on a cooling rack.
This giveaway is open to U.S. Residents, 18+ and one entry per household. Giveaway will end on 12/15 at 11:59pm EST.
Yum. Cant wait. To. Try. This
cut out butter cookies 🙂
Yes! Love a good butter cookie!
Oh yes! One if my favorites too
My favorite Christmas cookie is the sugar cookies decorated.
There is something so nostaligic about a pretty sugar cookie!
This sounds so delicious! What a festive cookie!
Thanks for joining the Link Up this week!
Thanks Jess & thank YOU for hosting!!!
Angela, these look yummy! I’m a sucker for anything chocolate!
These are addicting!!! Yay chocolate minty goodness!
Yum pecan. Pie. Thumbprint cookies
Yum! Love all of those as well!
Gingerbread is my favorite!
Just made gingerbread for the first time today. Me & the boys will decorate tomorrow.
i love sugar cookies
Me too! A favorite for sure!
Shortbread cookies are my favorite and even better, those that are frosted and decorated. Yum!