I am a lucky mom, both my boys loves cauliflower. It makes life so much easier when I don’t have to make separate meals for us and the boys. This Cauliflower Oreganata is so incredibly easy to make but is most definitely tasty and beautiful enough to serve to friends and family for the holidays!
The breadcrumb topping is really what makes this so good; Italian seasoned breadcrumbs, grated pecorino romano for that cheesy salty bite, fresh parsley and of course oregano. If you were on the fence about cauliflower, do give this one a try, you just may become a fan.
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 2 Tbs butter, melted
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- ⅓ cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup grated pecorino romano cheese
- 1 Tbsp garlic powder
- 2 Tbsp dried oregano
- a palm full of fresh chopped parsley
- ½ cup water or vegetable broth
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Place the cauliflower florets and the water/vegetable broth into a baking dish.
- In a small bowl mix the butter and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- In another bowl stir together the breadcrumbs, cheese, garlic powder, oregano and parsley.
- Sprinkle the breadcrumb mixture overtop the cauliflower.
- Evenly pour over the butter and olive oil mixture.
- Cover with foil and cook for 30 minutes. Remove the foil and cook another 20-30 minutes until the cauliflower is tender and the breadcrumb golden brown.