You won’t be able to step away from these amazing, gooey, gooey Fried Fresh Mozzarella Bites! Perfect game time or any time snack!
Oh yes, the heavens are singing! Theres something so amazing about fried cheese, am I right? The only problem, most of the mozzarella sticks you get at chains are made from processed cheese and come pre made frozen! These are SO easy to make at home and cook up in literally 15 seconds! What makes these so amazing… fresh mozzarella, light & crunchy panko crumbs and my favorite Garlic Garlic by Tastefully Simple seasoning!
Fried Fresh Mozzarella Bites
Author: Angela LeMoine
- ½ lb fresh mozzarella, large dice
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- approx 1½ cups plain Panko breadcrumbs
- approx ½ cup flour
- 2 tsp Garlic Garlic (or the garlic and herb seasoning blend of your choice)
- a bowl of warm tomato sauce for dipping if you’d like
- vegetable oil for frying
- Dice the fresh mozzarella into large chunks.
- Set up your breading station. One container with flour, one with egg and last the panko breadcrumbs mixed with the garlic garlic and a little salt. First coat the mozzarella in the flour, next the egg and lastly the panko.
- Place all bites on a dish and refrigerate for an hour. This allows the coating to really stick!
- Add enough oil to a small saucepan to be about 2 inches deep. With saucepan over medium high heat fry the mozzarella bites a few at a time, being sure not to overcrowd the pot.
- Tip: Test the oil by gently tossing in a piece of breading, if it immediately floats to the top and has bubbles surrounding it then you are ready to go. If you out a bite in the oil and it doesn’t come straight to the top the oil is not ready! It should only take about 15 seconds for the bites until golden brown. Place on a cooling rack to prevent the coating to loose its crisp!
how to I get or print this recipe?
Mary- my apologies. This was an older recipe I did years ago before recipe cards. I have updated it so you should be able to go in and find/print it out.