Easy Skillet Pork with Spinach & Onion Gravy. A perfectly delicious and easy weeknight dinner. Everything comes together in one pan. Elegant enough for a special meal too! I served it along with couscous.
I’ve been on a bit of pork kick lately. Its funny how this one came about actually. I had a ton of running around to do earlier in the day and came home to a package of thin sliced pork cutlets in the fridge. Puts on thinking cap, searches pantry and fridge and comes up with this delicious Easy Skillet Pork with Spinach & Onion Gravy!
Funny how sometimes the things that are simple, thrown together and nothing fancy really turn out to be a big hit with the family. This was definitely one of those meals! Wooohoo for this momma! I pounded the thin cutlets a little more simply because I like a thin cutlet. Dredged in a little seasoned flour then cooked in a skillet until golden on both sides.
The rest of the dish comes together easily too! With the pork set aside you add in a bit of butter and olive oil and sauté onions and garlic with rosemary and thyme until softened. Stir in flour, cook for a few minutes then add in a bit of apple cider vinegar and broth. Simmer until slightly thickened. Add in the spinach and the pork, cooking just a few more minutes and dinner is done!
The couscous I served is a simple 5 minute boxed mix and can I tell you, my kids devoured it! Now I know to make more for next time. This is a great meal for any night of the week!
- 8 thin sliced pork cutlets, pounded thinner if you'd like
- about a cup of flour seasoned with salt & pepper
- 3 Tbsp butter
- olive oil
- a sprig of rosemary
- a few sprigs of thyme
- 1 large red onion, thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 3 cups chicken broth
- a few big handfuls of baby spinach
- In a small bowl add about a cup of flour and season with salt and pepper. Lightly coat the pork cutlets in the flour.
- In a large skillet, over medium high heat, add in enough olive oil to coat the bottom. In a couple batches, brown the pork cutlets on each side then set aside on a plate.
- Once the pork is cooked add in the butter, red onion, garlic, rosemary and thyme. Season again lightly with salt and pepper. Cook until softened and scrap up those delicious golden bits from the bottom of the skillet too!
- Once softened stir in about 2 Tbsp of the seasoned flour. Cook for just a minute or two. Stir in the vinegar and broth. Stir until smooth. Simmer for 6-8 minutes until slightly thickened. Remove sprigs of thyme and rosemary.
- Add the spinach and pork cutlets into the skillet and cook a few more minutes.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE: