My Fall inspired Wild Rice Salad with Sweet Potato, Spinach & Apple has such a wonderful combination of flavors and textures. Pretty darn lovely to look at too with the great colors of the sweet potato, spinach and apple. This is light, healthy and so easy to make!
I know, I know its still Summer and no I’m not wishing it away but I will say the weather here has been weird and way cooler then a normal NJ August. I can’t help but think about transitioning into Fall flavors like this Wild Rice Salad with Sweet Potato, Spinach & Apple.
I absolutely LOVE how this turned out! The colors are gorgeous, the flavors fantastic and great texture too! A fantastic bonus of it being a very healthy and easy dish. This salad is a really lovely balance of sweet and savory. The sweetness of the apples and sweet potatoes go great with the rice, red onion and spinach. The dressing I used here is one of my favorite store bought dressings… Brianna’s Champagne Vinaigrette.
- 1½ cups cooked wild rice
- 1 sweet potato, medium dice
- olive oil
- 1 apple, diced
- 3 Tbsp finely diced red onion
- a couple handfuls of baby spinach
- champagne vinaigrette
- salt & pepper
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees. Place the sweet potato on a lined baking sheet and toss with a little olive oil, salt and pepper. Roast for about 15 minutes until tender. Set aside.
- After you cook the wild rice according to the package directions, rinse under cold water.
- Mix the rice with the fruit & veggies. Add just enough dressing to lightly coat the salad. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add some grilled chicken, steak or shrimp for a complete meal.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
Spinach Artichoke White Bean Dip
Leave a Reply