30 Minute Skinny Chicken Burrito Bowl. Really simple, quick, delicious and healthy meal. Brown rice topped with sautéed peppers and onions, black beans, diced avocado and perfectly seasoned tender chicken.
I have to start by telling you… this is AMAZING!!! I really really enjoyed this 30 Minute Skinny Chicken Burrito Bowl. The flavors are bright, fresh and yes healthy too!! Sure you hear burrito and typically think overstuffed tortilla packed with filling, super cheesy and can be really greasy too. This is my take on the burrito but way lighter so dig right in and enjoy!
Aside from Italian, I think that Mexican cuisine is next at the top of my list of foods I love to eat and cook at home. My boys frequently ask for taco nights and I am more then happy to whip it up for them. This 30 Minute Skinny Chicken Burrito Bowl is my way to make taco night lighter for myself and my husband while the kiddos enjoy their tacos.
I have to say, this really is pretty budget friendly too. 1 chicken breast per person, a can or organic beans split between the two of us, 2 bell peppers,a little onion, brown rice and an avocado. Oh can’t forget that squeeze of fresh lime juice before serving, it really elevates everything. Grab the quick cooking brown rice and let that go while you cook everything else. The chicken breasts are diced then tossed with a little olive oil and taco seasoning and cooked in a skillet. Remove the chicken then sauté the peppers and onion right in the same pan.
Really this meal comes together so easily. Just before serving everything i add the chicken, peppers and onions & the beans to the same pan just to warm them through. Serve over the hot rice and add the diced avocado. Finish with lime and dinner is served!
- 2 chicken breasts, diced
- 2 Tbsp taco seasoning
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper, small dice
- 1 yellow bell pepper, small dice
- ½ small red onion
- quick cooking brown rice
- 1-2 avocados, diced
- lime wedges
- Have everything prepped first, it makes the meal come together more easily and quickly for you.
- Cook the brown rice according to the package directions.
- Toss the diced chicken with the olive oil and taco seasoning. Cook in a skillet for about 8 minutes, until cooked through. Remove from pan.
- Add the peppers and onions to the pan and cook for about 4-5 minutes just to soften slightly.
- Once the rice is cooked, drain. Then go ahead and add the beans to the skillet on one side, add the peppers and onions in another spot in the skillet as well as the chicken. Allow to warm for a few minutes.
- Build your bowl! Rice at the bottom, chicken, beans, sautéed peppers and onions then the fresh diced avocado. Finish with a squeeze of lime.
You may also like:
This is totally my kind of meal! Delicious, healthy, and easy! Oh yeah, and Mexican flavors! Delicioso!
Julie is Hostess At Heart
I love Mexican food and am really loving this skinny chicken burrito bowl!
I absolutely love meals in a bowl! I love how you split the chicken breast between the two bowls – economical and great portion size too. What a lovely guilt-free meal!!
The Foodie Affair
I love these healthy meals in a bowl! So easy to put together too. Looks like I have a great lunch for next week 🙂
Exactly! They are great, easy meals!
I love how easy this is and I’m a little obsessed with bowls right now, so this would be a perfect meal for me!
It’s pretty great! Very customizable too!
I love recipes like this..they’re always a big favorite here!
This is a great one!! Hope you can give it a try
I am so making these for my lunches this week! SO GOOD!
Jennifer A Stewart
I love burrito bowls. Mostly because I love all the toppings more than I love the lettuce in a regular salad! Prepping these early makes for easy lunches and dinners!
Yes! They are great! And love that you can really switch up the toppings