Farro Salad with a Lemon Dijon Dressing. Easy to make, bright fresh flavors and super healthy! This salad is great on its own or served with grilled chicken, shrimp, heck even tofu!
After sharing a really decadent treat with you a few days ago I am back today with a really healthy one! See, life is all about balance! I had made some farro the other day to prep a clean eating meal for myself and had some left over. I have to say, I have become a really huge fan of exploring different grains lately and farro is definitely one that I am loving!
Its a very simple salad but the flavors are BIG! Farro is high in fiber, a good source of protein as well as high in vitamins and antioxidants… all around, GOOD STUFF! The farro is tender but still has great texture, a bit of an al dente feel. I had red bell pepper and celery on hand and figured why not throw together a salad. Great color, great crunch and the simple dressing adds such a burst of brightness to this salad.
For the Lemon Dijon Dressing I mixed extra virgin olive oil, fresh squeezed lemon juice, dijon mustard, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Such a great tasting dressing for so many things … toss with pasta for a cold salad, top grilled chicken or an arugula tomato salad. This salad also has the zest of one lemon and fresh chopped parsley. Clean, healthy eating really can be fun and absolutely delicious!
- 2 cups cooked farro, drained and cooled
- ½ cup finely diced red bell pepper
- 2 celery stalks, finely diced
- zest of 1 lemon
- juice of ½ a lemon
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- fresh chopped parsley
- Place the cooked farro in a bowl. Add in the diced bell pepper and celery. Zest the lemon right into the bowl and add a good handful of chopped parsley in there as well.
- In a small bowl whisk together the lemon juice, olive oil, dijon mustard, salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and mix to coat. Season with additional salt and pepper to taste if needed.