Burrata & Roasted Tomato Salad . Elegant and easy salad makes for a delicious lunch, light dinner or holiday appetizer course.
Can we just talk about how stunning this Burrata & Roasted Tomato Salad is for a minute? This dish proves that an elegant, flavor packed and beautiful dish does not have to be complicated. There are just a handful of ingredients in this salad but each element brings something spectacular to the dish as a whole. This makes for a great lunch, light dinner or even as the first course for the holidays.
I only had burrata for the first time maybe 5 years ago. My hubby and I were at a restaurant we’d never been to and burrata was one of the appetizers, it sounded amazing. Since then i’ve been hooked on this incredible cheese! Think of it as a fresh mozzarella ball filled with creamy ricotta. Its truly heavenly and you can find it rather easily right in the grocery store where other fresh mozzarella is sold.
What do I love about this salad? Absolutely everything! Roasting the plum tomatoes brings out their sweetness and adds a little warmth to the salad. Peppery arugula is the perfect green in this Italian inspired salad. Also in there are some strips of sweet roasted bell peppers, toasted pine nuts and a wonderful drizzle of balsamic glaze. This salad is so well balanced and really hits on everything from taste, texture and color.
A little note… you can buy balsamic glaze BUT if you have balsamic vinegar on hand you can quickly and easily make your own!!! Pour some of the vinegar into a small pot. Simmer hard until reduced by about half. It will be slightly thick and so tasty!
- 2 large plum tomatos, halved lengthwise
- a palm full of pine nuts
- 2 pieces of burrata
- marinated roasted peppers
- balsamic glaze
- olive oil
- salt & pepper
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees. Place the tomatoes on a lined baking sheet, drizzle a little olive oil over top, season with salt and pepper. Roast for about 25 minutes.
- In a small dry frying pan, add the pine nuts and toast until golden. PLEASE keep an eye on them, they will go from toasted to burnt quickly.
- To assemble the salad start with a base of arugula. Place the burrata, warm roasted tomatoes, some roasted peppers and a good amount of pine nuts over top. Season the salad with salt and pepper. Drizzle with just a small amount of olive oil and then finish with some balsamic glaze.
You May Also Like: