Now thats a spicy meatball! C’mon help a girl out… what movie or show is that from? I was sitting down and thoroughly enjoying these Peri Peri Meatballs & Broccoli Slaw Pasta Salad and that line popped into my head. Anyhow, I am excited to share with you TWO recipes today! These meatballs are jam packed with awesome flavor and the perfect amount of heat from Nando’s Peri Peri Sauce. The Broccoli Slaw Pasta Salad is the perfect side to go along with the meal. It has a great crunch from the slaw and the SamMills Corn & Quinoa Pasta adds a ton of nutrition in there!
A few months back I was given the opportunity to give DegustaBox USA a try and I am loving it! DegustaBox is a monthly subscription box company that is based in Barcelona and are expanding from Spain, Italy, France, Germany and the UK to the USA and thousands are signing up every month! For $19.99/mo, you receive 10-15 food products, many of which are new to market. The box has a value of OVER $30 of product so this is an incredible deal!
You can check out my previous recipes using my DegustaBox ingredients… Turkey Avocado BLT with Chipotle Mayo and my Chocolate Almond Banana Shake.
If you sign up now, you can get 50% off your first box! Use code Q4P5U to get your first box for only $9.99!
Here is what I received in my box this month:
As you can imagine, my boys LOVE checking out whats in the box that they can immediately grab and run with…. clearly the Honey Bunches of Oats, Little Bites and those Shortbread Cookies were gone. I was especially excited to see so many products that I’ve never heard of before… this is the beauty of this box subscription… I am finding so many awesome new products! My eyes were immediately drawn to that bottle of Nando’s Peri Peri Sauce and that box of SamMills GF Corn & Quinoa Pasta. Lately I have REALLY been wanting to try more exotic flavors and I’ve heard of Peri Peri Sauce but never tried it.
I thought it would be really fun to combine my love of meatballs and this spicy sauce and I have to tell ya, it works wonderfully! What a delicious and easy recipe. As an Italian, I am a LOVER of pasta but clearly too much pasta may not be the healthiest BUT this GF corn & quinoa pasta had me intrigued. A great healthier option and the flavor of the pasta is really fantastic.
- For the Peri Peri Meatballs:
- 3 Tbsp finely chopped onion
- 1 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1# ground beef
- 2 eggs
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ cup seasoned bread crumbs
- ¼ cup Nando's Peri Peri Sauce
- sliced scallion to garnish
- For the Pasta Salad:
- 8 oz SamMills GF Corn & Quinoa Fusilli
- 1½ cups broccoli slaw
- ½ cup light mayo
- 1 tsp red wine vinegar
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp fresh chopped parsley
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
- In a small sauté pan, over medium heat, add the olive oil, bell pepper and onion. Season lightly with salt and pepper. Cook until softened. Cool slightly.
- In a bowl mix together the beef, cooled veggies, eggs, salt, garlic powder and bread crumb. Mix until well combined. Form into small meatballs.
- Place onto a lined baking sheet and cook for about 15-16 minutes.
- Toss the meatballs with the Peri Peri sauce. Garnish with fresh scallions.
- For the pasta salad. Cook the fusilli according to the package. Drain and rinse with cold water.
- In a bowl whisk together the light mayo, red wine vinegar, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Toss the pasta and broccoli slaw with the dressing. Add chopped parsley and mix.
Facebook * Twitter * Instagram
* Disclosure: I received products mentioned in this post in exchange for my review. This post contains #DegustaboxUSA affiliate links. All opinions given are 100% my own. AD
Skinny Kitchen (@skinnykitchen)
Your new dish sounds sooo delicious and so healthy too. Way to go Angela!
I just got my box the other day and I can’t wait to try that Peri Peri sauce. I hear alot about it but have never used it. Love the way you used it here!
First timer here too!!! Loved your Mac recipe!!!!
Well you have whipped up another great family meal! Never had Peri Peri. Will have to check it out.
Thank you so much!
where do you get peri peri sauce?
Hi Barb. I’ve seen the sauce in my local grocery store in the international aisle. You can check Nandos website to see if they list retailers
Jolina - The Unlikely Baker
You’re the second person I know who loves DegustaBox! Too bad we don’t have it here…we do have Nando’s and we love it 🙂 Meatballs look delicious! (PS: I think that lines comes from The Mask haha)
Oh maybe in the future! The sauce is so great!!!! Omg! I think you’re right!!!! Haha! Thank you!
Oh I just love this recipe!
Thanks so much! Enjoy!!
This looks like a good recipe.
Thanks so much!
Michelle De La Cerda
Nice new spin on a classic. These look incredible!
Thanks! We loved them!
The Foodie AffairSandra
What a great variety of foods you got to try in the subscription box! Great way to try new products and get creative! Love the sauce over those meatballs. I would serve as an appetizer too!
It’s been great! A lot of products I’ve never heard of so it’s been fun to try them out!
What a flavorful dish, looks great!
Thank you so much
Tornadough Alli (@amiller1119)
This looks so good. What a great combo, a must try!
Both recipes turned out really great
What a cool subscription box and the recipe looks beyond delicious!!
I’ve been really happy with it! Lots of unique items
Wow these look so delicious! I need to try this, my husband would love them!
The perfect amount of spice! Enjoy
Love finding new family-friendly meals and this looks fantastic Angela!
I hope you enjoy it!