I have to tell you, this Quinoa Fried Rice really turned out even better then I expected! I think life is all about balance, somedays you indulge on a special sweet treat and others you keep it healthy. This health-ified takeout dish doesn’t leave you unsatisfied in the least bit. It tastes just like fried rice without the rice! Quinoa is such a super healthy grain that gives you a pack of protein, fiber, vitamins and nutrients and truly works perfectly in this dish.
This dish is really easy to make so perfect for a weeknight dinner! Carrots, onion and garlic are sautéed in a combination of olive oil and sesame oil until softened. Toss in frozen edamame, scramble a couple eggs in there then stir in cooked tri color quinoa and soy sauce. Thats all there is to this dish. You can serve this with grilled shrimp or chicken, Asian Roasted Chicken Thighs, or Orange Chicken. Some steamed broccoli on the side and dinner is set! You can go wild eat your hearts out and feel no quilt with this Quinoa Fried Rice!
- 4 cups cooked tri color quinoa
- 2 carrots, peeled, fine dice
- 1 Tbsp finely chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- heaping cup frozen edamame
- 2 or 3 eggs
- ⅓ cup low sodium soy sauce
- In a large saute pan, over medium low heat, add the olive oil, sesame oil, garlic, carrots and onion. Cook until softened.
- Add in the edamame. Clear some space in the center of the pan, add the eggs and mix to cook and scramble. Once cooked, stir the egg into the veggies.
- Stir in the cooked quinoa and soy sauce to coat. Cook for just a minute or two. Season with salt and pepper to taste if needed.
You may also like: