You are either a brussel sprout lover or hater… I hope that if you are a hater that maybe, just maybe these Brussel Sprouts with Crispy Pancetta will change your mind. These sprouts are tender and not over cooked. They have a nice roasted flavor and color to them but are cooked right on the stovetop and well that crisp pancetta that adds amazing flavor! This one makes for a great side dish to just about any protein and would be great for the holidays as well.
Brussel Sprouts with Crispy Pancetta
Author: Angela LeMoine
- 24 oz brussel sprouts, halved
- 2-4 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 large shallot, small dice
- ½ lb pancetta, small dice
- salt & pepper
- In a large skillet, over medium low heat, add about 2 Tbsp of olive oil. Add the shallot and pancetta. Cook until the pancetta is crisp.
- Remove the pancetta and shallots with a slotted spoon, leaving the oil in the pan. Set the pancetta aside.
- Add in the brussel sprouts and about a ¼ cup of water. Pop a lid on the pan and allow the sprouts to cook until the brussel sprouts are tender. If you find that the water has gone down and the sprouts need a little more time to cook, go ahead and add a little more water.
- Once tender, remove the lid, crank the heat up a bit until al the water is evaporated, add in another 1-2 Tbsp of olive oil and brown the sprouts.
- Toss the pancetta and shallots back in the pan. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
You may also like:
Sour Cream, Scallion & Bacon Mashed Potatoes
What a lovely side dish this is – perfect for the holidays indeed!
Thanks so much Patty
Thank you for this recipe, we love our Brussels sprouts done just this way; the whole world needs to know about this one!!!
Thanks so much Dan! I agree… They have a bad rap but are so tasty when cooked well
This sounds like a really delicious way to prepare Brussel Sprouts 🙂 Loving the cripsy pancetta!
Crispy pancetta is one of my favorite things to throw on top of veggies
I absolutely love brussel sprouts! Definitely lovin this recipe 🙂
Happy Valley Chow
Thank you so much! I really appreciate it!
So easy, yet so elegant…the perfect holiday side dish!
Thank you! I agree… Sometimes simple is a beautiful thing
I’m in love. Yum!
Me too, we love these sprouts!!
I love brussels sprouts and you know that this girl is in love w/ pancetta! Looks like it would make a great Thanksgiving side dish!
We are pancetta lovers here too! Adds awesome flavor to this dish
Yum! I am waiting for the first frost to harvest our brussel sprouts and then these are on the menu!
Oh fun!!! I’ve never tried to grow them! Enjoy! Nothing better then home grown