Have you all ever made your own bread? There are some amazing recipes out there that are not only delicious but also really easy like this Gluten Free friendly Angry Orchard Bread from my friend Reesa of Momma Lew. Angry Orchard is a hard cider with similar characteristics of beer and beer bread is so so good! The yeast in the beer or hard cider makes making a loaf of bread really easy with just a handful of ingredients. This one is going to become a favorite for sure.
From Reesa on her Angry Orchard Bread post, “With reminiscent tastes of traditional beer bread, this gluten-free bread made with Angry Orchard hard apple cider, is the perfect companion to soups, dips and more! Creating gluten-free bread recipes has been a challenge for me. This angry orchard bread was so easy and I know will become a quick hit at parties and get togethers from here on out!”
- 2¾ cups All-Purpose Flour (or Gluten-Free substitution + 1½ tsp of xantham gum if using gluten-free flour),
- 3 tbsp sugar,
- 2 tsp baking powder,
- 1 tsp salt,
- 1 12oz. bottle of Angry Orchard Hard Apple Cider,
- 6 oz. + ½ cup shredded mozzarella (or any other cheese of your choosing),
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp melted butter
- Pre-Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray a loaf pan with non-stick spray.
- In a large bowl, mix together flour (and xantham gum if using), sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Add Angry Orchard and mix ingredients together.
- Mix in cheese and onion powder.
- Spread mixture into the prepared loaf pan.
- Brush the top with the melted butter.
- Bake for approximately 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle remaining cheese on top.
- Cook an additional 5-10 minutes or until a toothpick comes out of the center of the loaf clean.
- Cool in the pan 10 minutes before removing and letting cool on a wire rack.
Leave a Reply