Today i’m sharing a very simple dish, BBQ Chicken Baked Potatoes! These are filling, tasty and just a whole lot of fun. Stuffed baked potatoes are a great vehicle to get creative because there are so many flavor combinations that you could go with to make a delicious meal or even a Football Sunday snack! How about a roasted veggies stuffed baked potato with grated parmigiano cheese or a potato stuffed with pulled pork, onions and cheddar?!?! I mean I could go on and on.
With dishes like this, its a great way to use up things that you already have on hand. I happened to have roasted chicken leftover from a previous meal and well theres always an assortment of bbq sauce in the fridge so I figured lets throw this all together and pop it onto a perfectly oven baked potato. If you are pressed for time then you can of course cook the potatoes in the microwave. I will say there is something extra delicious about potatoes when they are slow cooked in the oven. The inside is so light and fluffy with that little bit of crisp on the skin. These have become a new favorite around here.
- 4 large russet potatoes
- 2 roasted chicken breasts, skin removed and diced
- bbq sauce
- shredded cheddar cheese
- sour cream
- fresh cilantro
- olive oil
- salt & pepper
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Place each potato on a piece of aluminum foil. Drizzle with olive oil, salt & pepper. Wrap the foil to cover the potato. Place onto a baking sheet.
- Bake the potatoes for 60-75 minute or until fork tender.
- Toss the diced chicken into a pan with enough bbq sauce to coat well. Warm through.
- Cut the potatoes open and top with some chicken and cheddar cheese. Pop back into the oven just to melt the cheese.
- Top with a dollop of sour cream and fresh cilantro.
You may also like: