Is it just us or do all of you find that you don’t go through your bananas fast enough? My boys love bananas but as soon as they are on the riper side no one wants to touch them… you know unless I bake with them. These Banana Muffins are a great simple recipe to use up those ripened bananas. These muffins are a perfect grab and go breakfast for those morning thats there just isn’t enough time to sit down and eat.
My boys love muffins and when I can I try to avoid the prepackaged kind. These aren’t overly sweet at all so you can feel good about them as an afternoon snack or starting your day with one. Packed with 6 ripe bananas these have great flavor. If you’d like you can add in some chopped walnuts or blueberries and make a few varieties in this one batch. These freeze well too so do the work once, cool them, wrap them and bag them for the freezer and for a later date. Pop them in the oven to warm and you are set!
- 6 ripe bananas
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 4 Tbsp butter, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 4 cups flour
- 1¼ cups sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp salt
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl mash the bananas.
- Add the buttermilk, eggs, vanilla, butter to the bananas. Stir to combine.
- In another bowl stir together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
- Add the dry mix to the wet and stir just until combined. Do not over mix.
- Scoop the mixture into a lined muffin pan and bake for approx 24 minutes, until golden and cooked through.
You may also like:
Sausage, Potato, Spinach & Cheddar Frittata
Leave a Reply