Summer is nearing and that means berries will be at their best. We are so lucky to live where we are able to pick a variety of fresh fruit between summer and fall. Berries are a favorite of mine, whether on their own, mixed in yogurt or cereal, or included in a decadent dessert like these Dessert Nachos with Berries & Chocolate Drizzle! This has to be one of the easiest desserts to make, so much so that theres really not much of a recipe for it. However, its beautiful with all those fresh berries, chocolate and powdered sugar.
These cinnamon sugar chips are really fantastic, even on their own as a little snack. Pita bread cut into triangles, brushed generously with melted butter and then heavily sprinkled with cinnamon and sugar. They are then baked until golden and crisp. These are some fantastic churro like chips friends! Crisp cinnamon sugar pita chips paired with the bright cold berries, a simple drizzle of melted milk chocolate and a perfect dusting of powdered sugar. It doesn’t get much easier, prettier or tastier!
- 3 pita rounds, cut into 6 even triangles each
- 3 Tbsp sugar
- 1 Tbsp cinnamon
- 5 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- strawberries, diced
- a handful of milk chocolate chips
- powdered sugar
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Brush the pita triangles generously on both sides with the melted butter.
- In a small bowl stir together the cinnamon and sugar. Sprinkle generously on both sides of the pita triangles.
- Place onto a lined baking sheet and bake for about 15 minutes until golden and crisp.
- Plate the warm chips, add some berries on top.
- Add the milk chocolate to a bowl and melt in the microwave- in 20 second intervals until smooth.
- Drizzle the melted chocolate overtop and finish with a dusting of powdered sugar.