I hope you all had a great St Patricks Day! We enjoyed our second round of corned beef and cabbage dinner last night and loaf number 4 of my yummy Irish Soda Bread. We had some left over corned beef and potatoes so I figured lets make a really quick and easy Corned Beef Hash! Corned Beef Hash is one of those things that me and the hubby order every time we go out to our favorite breakfast place, The Buttered Biscuit in Bradley Beach NJ.
I really love this dish because you can customize to your liking and use what you happen to have on hand. I did some diced potatoes, corned beef and onions. Its seasoned really simply with butter, garlic powder, sweet paprika, fresh thyme, salt and pepper. I love the crispiness that develops on the corned beef as it cooks, its so so good! Crack an egg or two over top and you’ve got yourself a full breakfast.
- 6 Tbsp unsalted butter
- ¼ cup small diced onion
- 3 cups diced cooked corned beef
- 1½ cups diced cooked potatoes
- 1 tsp sweet paprika
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp fresh thyme leaves
- salt & pepper
- scallion or parsley to garnish
- In a saute pan, over medium low heat, add the butter, onion, paprika, garlic powder, thyme and a little salt and pepper.
- Cook until the onions are softened.
- Add in the potatoes and corned beef and cook until golden, a little crisp and warmed through.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper and garnish with scallion or fresh parsley.
What a great idea to use up the leftovers! Sounds really delicious. I’d love to dig right in 🙂
Thanks! Super easy which is great too!
Dear Angela, This hash and a fried egg – what more could you need in the morning?! Sounds delicious. xo, Catherine
I agree Catherine! It’s wonderful!