The Chocolate Chip Cookie, a classic. I have to tell you, I’ve been working on getting this one right for a while! Baking with my boys is something I really enjoy doing and we’ve made some pretty delicious cookies but for some reason the class chocolate chip cookie has given me trouble every time! See the issue has been either they come out too flat, too cake-y (according to my brother), not sweet enough…. and in the words of my hubby, “finally a good chocolate chip cookie”.
Cookies, well baking in general can be so finicky which is why I tend to stick to cooking but I do love making cookies! There are a couple cookie recipes that I feel like i’ve nailed, my Cream Cheese Cookies & my Soft Sugar Cookies. Those two are more the soft and cake-y types but I LOVE them!!! Back to the Chocolate Chip Cookie, I got them right with this recipe, they have a great crunchy exterior with a chewy interior, perfect sweetness and a good amount of chips. They are perfect for milk dunking too!
These freeze very well too! Once completely cooled you can wrap them up in foil and then into a freezer bag. When you want to take them out to serve, simply pop them on a baking sheet into a 350 degree over for 5 minutes until nice and warm.
- 1 1/4 sticks unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tbsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1tsp baking soda
- 2 3/4 cups flour
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- In a small bowl mix together the flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda. set aside.
- In a large bowl add the butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar. Using a hand mixer, mix until well combined, about 3 minutes.
- Add the eggs and vanilla, mix again until well combined and the mixture is a pale yellow color, about 2-3 more minutes.
- Add half the dry ingredients to the butter mixture and mix with the hand mixer until mostly combined. Add the remaining dry ingredients and mix again just to combine.
- Pour in the chocolate chips and stir with a spoon or rubber spatula until well distributed.
- Scoop using a small cookie scoop onto a parchment lined baking sheet about an inch apart.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, until just golden on the edges. Allow to cool for a minute on the baking sheet then transfer to a cooling rack. Bake the remaining cookies.
- Makes approx 3 1/2- 4 dozen cookies
Can you bring me some of these after I deliver? Oh and some lactation cookies too! XOXO
For you, of course!
Natasha @ Epic Mommy Adventures
I just love Chocolate Chip Cookies, and this looks awesome! You always have such great recipes, Angela!
Thanks so much for sharing on Turn It Up Tuesday! We love having you! 🙂
Thanks so much Natasha! They are too good to have just 3 😉