Hey all! So how was your Christmas? Ours was wonderful and i’ll be sharing some photos from our families festivities soon! Hope you all had a great day as well.
So today I’ve got for you the first of several New Years Eve recipes! One of my very favorite picky foods is anything on a crostini! These Crostini with Whipped Ricotta & Artichoke Olive Tapenade are killer! Really easy to make and the flavors and textures are incredible. Crunch of the toasted bread, creamy rich ricotta and the salty bite of the artichoke olive tapenade; a serious party in your mouth!!
New Years Eve is a fun and casual holiday and I love the idea of an hors d’oeuvre type party! Some great finger foods and everyone mingling. Throw in some delicious wine and champagne and you are set! A little tip with these… you can purchase the crostini made or make them yourself a few days ahead of time. The artichoke and olive tapenade can also be made a few days ahead . Assemble the crostini just before serving.
- 1 cup marinated artichoke hearts
- 2 Tbsp of the artichoke marinading liquid
- 1 cup mixed pitted olives
- 3 garlic cloves
- fresh parsley
- 15 oz cont. ricotta
- 3 Tbsp whipping cream
- Italian seasoning salt
- To a food processor, add the artichoke hearts, the marinading liquid, olives, garlic cloves and a handful of fresh parsley.
- Pulse until a fine course consistency. Do not puree it, a little texture is good! Set aside.
- In a bowl add the ricotta, whipping cream and season with the salt and some pepper. Whip using a hand mixer for approx 1.5 minutes, until light and creamy.
- To assemble simply put a dollop of the whipped ricotta on the crostini and then top that with a bit of the tapenade. So much flavor in each bite!
This recipe is right up my alley. I love finger foods and at least once a month I do just that. A dip with some crostini and sides of salami’s, cheese, peppers. What more could you ask for. Love rustic and can not wait to make this.
I love that idea! Pre kiddos me and my hubby used to do antipasto night once a month. I hope you enjoy this!