This right here is one of my very favorite salads. Its incredibly simple with just a handful of ingredients but the colors and flavors are beautiful! Peppery tender arugula, sweet pears & the sweet crunch of pomegranate seeds. The flavors are just wonderful!
I’ll be serving this salad at Christmas dinner; after antipasto and before dinner. To dress this, I make a very basic red wine & shallot vinaigrette and finish off with fresh cracked pepper. While its elegant enough for the holidays its also easy enough to eat as a light lunch any day of the week.
Arugula, Pear & Pomegranate Salad
- Anjou Pear, sliced
- Pomegranate, seeds removed
- ¾ cup red wine vinegar
- ¼ olive oil
- 2 tsp chopped shallot
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp salt
- fresh cracked pepper
- I definitely recommend making the vinaigrette a day or two before, it allows the flavors to really meld.
- I love making vinaigrettes in mason jars or the like, its just really easy. So go head and pour in the red wine vinegar, olive oil, chopped shallot, dried oregano, salt and a little pepper. Refrigerate.
- To plate I used a shallow bowl, piled on a few big handfuls of the baby arugula, half a pears worth for each plate and a good sprinkling of the pomegranate seeds. Are the colors gorgeous together or what?!?!
- Give the vinaigrette a good shaking to combine everything before serving and drizzle just a bit over top. Finish with fresh cracked pepper.
[…] past couple years I’ve started using these bright red jewels of a fruit in recipes like my Arugula, Pear & Pomegranate Salad. This salad is incredibly healthy, flavorful and just so darn […]